Artichoke Spinach Dip Bread – Inspired by your favorite party dip.Print
Artichoke Spinach Dip Bread
Inspired by your favorite party dip, this wow-worthy appetizer features a loaf of sourdough bread mounded with a hearty mixture of garlic-laced mayonnaise, tender canned artichokes and chopped spinach. Be sure to cut the slits in the bread only halfway deep, so the filling doesn’t flop out. This rich and creamy Hot Spinach Artichoke dip recipe is easy cheesy and the perfect football food or appetizer for any game day party.
Not what you are looking for? Try these other amazing Appetizer recipes:
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25
- One 13.75-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained, dried thoroughly on paper towels and roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup thawed, drained, squeezed and chopped frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Kosher salt, as needed
- 1 sourdough boule
- 2 cups grated Gruyere cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the artichoke hearts in a bowl with the mayonnaise, spinach, Parmesan, yogurt, garlic powder and lemon zest and juice. Taste the mixture and season if necessary.
- Cut vertical lines in the boule 1 inch apart, cutting halfway deep. Turn the bread 90 degrees so that the lines are horizontal, and repeat the previous step so you end up with 1-inch cubes still attached. Spread the cubes slightly apart and evenly spoon the artichoke-spinach mixture into the crevices. Put the boule on a baking sheet and top with the Gruyere.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbling, 10 to 15 minutes. Pull off the cubes and enjoy.
- Spinach artichoke dip can have high levels of fat and calories if you use standard cream cheese or sour cream. The simplest way to cut down on the fat is to use fat-free or reduced fat ingredients, but if you want to add even more nutrition, substitute yogurt instead. Non-fat yogurt packs extra levels of calcium and protein without excess calories.
- If you want to make your dip ahead of time, try using a slow-cooker instead of the oven. Alternatively, those who are in a rush can cook in a skillet.
- Serving Size: 6