This is the viral tomato and feta pasta and the premise is simple: Toss a block of feta, tomatoes, garlic and a bunch of olive oil together in a pan and throw it in the oven until softened, before mixing it all together with pasta and fresh basil. Cherry tomatoes and a whole block of feta are baked until bursting and softened, then tossed with garlic, basil and tender pasta for a beautifully cheesy dish.
For an easy weeknight pasta dish that’s fuss free and flavorful, you have to check out this baked feta pasta with bursting cherry tomatoes. The dish is pretty much hands-off, and all the magic happens in the oven. Made with just a handful of ingredients.
Obviously roasting a block of feta with bursting tomatoes is going to be amazing. Use a short pasta for this recipe, such as a rigatoni, penne or fusilli instead of long noodle like spaghetti or linguine. Short pasta will easily stir into the hearty sauce and be more enjoyable to eat. A splash of reserved warm pasta water, the starch will help loosen the sauce if it becomes too thick.Print
Baked Feta Pasta
Simple Viral Baked Feta Pasta with cherry tomatoes, garlic and basil.
- Prep Time: :10
- Cook Time: :35
- Total Time: :45
- Yield: 4 1x
- Method: Baked
- 2 pints (17 1/2 ounces / 500 grams) cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- 1 block (7 ounces / 200 grams) Greek feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces medium-length dried pasta, such as campanelle, rigatoni, penne or fusilli
- Fresh basil leaves, for serving
Keywords: Baked Feta Pasta