Start off your day with this nutrition dense, diabetic friendly Broccoli Mushroom Cheddar Omelet with a slice of whole grain toast.Print
Broccoli Mushroom Cheddar Omelet
This Broccoli Mushroom Cheddar Omelet is easy to make and a diabetic friendly recipe. Start off your day with this nutrition dense omelet with a slice of whole grain toast. A Broccoli Mushroom Cheddar omelet is not only perfect for breakfast, but also for a quick lunch or dinner.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Place eggs and egg whites in a large bowl and whisk until light. Add sea salt and pepper.
- Place olive oil in a medium nonstick sauté pan. Add onion and mushrooms and sauté until onion is translucent and mushrooms are softened. Add broccoli and heat thoroughly. Remove and set aside.
- Dry the pan. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add egg mixture and cook until almost set.
- Return vegetables to center of eggs. Top with cheddar cheese. Fold over and continue to cook until eggs are done.
- Serving Size: 2