You’ll love having this Elderberry Kombucha Margarita recipe in your arsenal.
These Kombucha Margaritas are filled with healthful benefits, but just as fun as the original. Cheers to a healthy year! The kombucha makes this margarita a bit fizzy, tangy and tart: properties I’ve always liked in a cocktail. Kombucha also adds an extra element of health which, of course, means you can enjoy more than one. Kombucha margaritas: a healthy margarita recipe made with fresh lime juice and kombucha. These are fizzy, tart, and just a tad sweet.
Tart and sweet, refreshing berry Kombucha Margarita stands in for most of the lime juice in this modern twist on the classic Margarita; Berry Kombucha Margaritas. With or without the traditional salted rim, you’ll reach for this on hot days all summer long! Serve these at your next family fiesta or neighborhood get-together.
What is Elderberry? The Immunity Powers of the Ancient ‘Medicine Chest’
What is elderberry? This little berry carries a big weight on its shoulders. Called the “medicine chest” by the Father of Medicine himself, Hippocrates, black elderberries have been used in therapeutics since ancient times. The elder tree is even considered a magical element in cultures around the world, home to fairies and a respite from witches. Read More The berries and flowers of elderberry are packed with antioxidants and vitamins that may boost your immune system. They could help tame inflammation, lessen stress, and help protect your heart, too. Some experts recommend elderberry to help prevent and ease cold and flu symptoms.Print
Elderberry Kombucha Margarita
These Kombucha Margaritas are filled with healthful benefits, but just as fun as the original. Cheers to a healthy year!
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ½–1 ounce agave
- 1 ounce silver tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 2 ounces elderberry kombucha
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake the lime juice, agave, tequila, and triple sec in the shaker.
- Add the kombucha and shake lightly, while keeping a firm grip in the shaker lid (there’s natural carbonation!)
- Pour into a glass rimmed with salt and serve with a lime.
- This recipe was tested using Cultured Leaf elderberry kombucha, which can be purchased in West Virginia, Maryland and Virginia. You can substitute any fruity kombucha flavor you like. Like alcohol, the fermentation of kombucha leaves residual sugar in the beverage. Adjust the agave to suit your taste.
- Serving Size: 1