Fried Mozzarella Balls are a classic snack that has been enjoyed for generations. These gooey, melted balls of cheese are coated in a crispy breadcrumb coating, which provides a satisfying crunch with every bite. Fried mozzarella balls are easy to make, making them a popular option for home cooks and food enthusiasts alike.
To make fried mozzarella balls, bocconcini (bite-size fresh mozzarella balls) are then rolled in a mixture of flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs. The coated cheese is then fried until golden brown and crispy, resulting in a dish that is both indulgent and satisfying.
Fried mozzarella can be served as an appetizer or snack, and they are a staple at Italian restaurants and pizzerias. They are often served with a delicious marinara sauce, which is a perfect dipping sauce for the cheese. The combination of the gooey melted cheese and the crispy coating creates a textural contrast that is truly irresistible.
Fried mozzarella balls are also a versatile dish that can be customized to suit individual tastes. For example, the cheese used can be swapped out for different types of cheese, such as cheddar or gouda, to create new and unique flavors. The breadcrumb coating can also be flavored with different herbs and spices, such as garlic or basil, to add depth and dimension to the dish.
Fried Mozzarella is a delicious snack that can be enjoyed at any time of the day. Whether you are a fan of melted cheese or crispy coating, these balls are sure to satisfy your cravings. With their simple ingredients and easy preparation, they are a great option for home cooks, and they are sure to become a staple in your snack repertoire.
Not what you are looking for? Try these other amazing Appetizer recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mahogany Chicken Wings
- Marinated Portobello Mushrooms
- Cheesy Cauliflower Tots
- Mini Buffalo Chicken Balls
So tasty, Fried Mozzarella. Serve with a tasty marinara sauce for a perfect appetizer.
- Prep Time: :20
- Cook Time: :20
- Total Time: :40
- Yield: 20 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Fried
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko or plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound bocconcini (bite-size fresh mozzarella balls)
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Marinara sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place flour in a bowl. In another bowl, beat eggs. In a third bowl, combine panko with thyme. Season each with salt and pepper. Working with 2 bocconcini at a time, dredge in flour, shaking off excess, coat in egg, and roll in breadcrumbs, pressing gently to adhere.
- In a small saucepan, heat vegetable oil over medium-high until pinch of breadcrumbs sizzles and floats to the top when added. Fry bocconcini, 4 at a time, until golden brown, turning occasionally, 2 minutes per batch. With a slotted spoon, transfer balls to paper towels to drain and season with salt. Keep warm in oven and repeat with remaining bocconcini. Serve with tomato sauce for dipping.
- Serving Size: 20
Keywords: Fried Mozzarella