Excellent Party Appetizer – Ham and Cheese Sliders
Ham and Cheese Sliders
Ham and Cheese Sliders are not only fun, but simple and crowd pleasing sandwiches. Honey Ham and Melted Swiss Cheese topped with a mustardy poppy seed butter sauce. Baked juicy ham and Swiss nestled in soft Hawaiian rolls and brushed with a buttery Dijon, onion, and poppy seed topping!! Fast, EASY, and a party FAVORITE!!
These hot ham and cheese sliders are super easy to make – all you need to do is layer some Hawaiian rolls with ham, cheddar or swiss cheese, and top them with a grainy mustard – Worcestershire glaze. Bake until they’re hot and the cheese is gooey melted and you’ve got the perfect bite!
These little sandwiches are the ultimate snack for game day, lunch to feed a crowd or a favorite easy dinner recipe! Serve them alongside some spicy buffalo wings with some cool blue cheese dip and watch the whole crowd go absolutely crazy!
Not what you are looking for? Try these other amazing Appetizer recipes:
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 17
- Total Time: 37
- 24 Hawaiian dinner rolls
- 24 pieces honey or smoked ham
- 24 small slices Swiss cheese, Havarti works well too.
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup miracle whip
Poppy Seed Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1½ Tablespoons dijon mustard
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and miracle whip. Spread onto both sides of the center of each roll. Place a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss inside of each roll. Close rolls and place them into a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet. Place very close together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Pour evenly over all of the sandwiches. You do not have to use all of the sauce! Just use enough to cover the tops. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes or until tops are slightly brown and crispy. Serve warm.
- Sandwiches can be assembled ahead of time. I don’t like to do it more than a day ahead because they can get soggy from the mayo mixture.
- Serving Size: 12