Pizza Poppers are a great game day snack!!Print
Not what you are looking for? Try these other amazing Appetizer recipes:
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 35
- Preheat the oven: Preheat the oven to 500°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Gather the ingredients: Gather the pizza dough and bring it to room temperature, as well as the sauce, mozzarella cheese, and meat of choice.
- Combine the ingredients: In a medium bowl, combine the pizza sauce, cheese, and meat of choice. Stir until completely mixed together.
- Roll out the dough: Cut the dough into workable pieces, about the size of a tennis ball. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough into a long rectangle, until it’s about 4 inches wide and about 1/4-inch thick.
- Add the filling: Down one side of the dough, drop small spoonfuls (roughly 1 teaspoon) of filling ingredients in little mounds. Leave about 1 inch between each mound of filling.
- Fold the dough: Fold dough over the top of the toppings and press between the mounds of filling with your fingers.
- Cut the dough: Using a bench scraper or sharp knife, cut each pizza bite apart from the next.
- Pinch the seams: Pinch the freshly cut ends together. They’ll be sticky and should hold together nicely, making a neat edge. The amount of execution needed for this step will usually depend on your dough and its willingness to play nice.
- Brush with olive oil: Transfer the pizza bites to a baking sheet, spaced about 1-inch apart. Lightly brush the top of each pizza bite with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Bake until golden: Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the tops are golden-brown. Remove from the oven, cool slightly, and serve.
- To freeze: Simply cook by the above directions and allow to cool completely. Freeze individually on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Once frozen, slide into a zip-top bag for storage. To reheat, place on a sheet pan in the oven or toaster oven to reheat at 350°F for 25 minutes (time may vary depending on oven and amount of pizza rolls being reheated).
- Serving Size: 30