What’s not to love with these crowd-pleasing golden fried chicken strips?Print
Quinoa Crusted Chicken Strips
Quinoa Crusted Chicken Strips are crispy coated chicken strips baked up in a jiffy – a delicious quick treat. Adding quinoa adds extra nutrition. Chicken fingers are popular for kids but grown-ups will love this version adapted from Half Baked Harvest, with added nutrition from the quinoa.
Check out these Tasty Quinoa Recipes to perfectly cook quinoa for every occasion. Healthy supergrains never tasted so good.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 50
- Total Time: 70
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenders, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silpat.
- Spread the quinoa on the prepared baking sheet and bake until toasted, golden brown and crispy, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool, then transfer all but 1/3 cup to a food processor or high powdered blender. Process the quinoa until half of it is ground into flour and the other half is in small pieces, about 1-2 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 475 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray or brush it with the olive oil.
- Add the quinoa crumbs + the 1/3 cup of reserved quinoa to a large bowl and add in the Panko bread crumbs, pepper and seasoned salt. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl combine the buttermilk and chicken, toss well.
- Remove each piece of chicken from the buttermilk, and dredge through the crumbs, pressing gently to adhere. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all the chicken has been used. Make sure not to crowd your pan, if necessary use two baking sheets. Lightly spray the fingers with cooking spray or a mist of olive oil.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, then gently flip using kitchen tongs and spray the other side. Bake for 10-12 minutes more, then remove from oven and serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and or parsley + a lemon wedge if desired.
- Serving Size: 4