Super Tasty Ricotta and Parmesan Spread, YUM! It’s creamy, and qualifies as my favorite kind of party recipe: one that looks and tastes impressive but is secretly simple to prepare. No self-respecting party should be without dip.
Life is all about balance, isn’t it? This easy ricotta dip makes eating your veggies a pleasure, not a chore. The only thing better than a good recipe? When something’s so easy to make that you don’t even need one. Let’s be real: Dip is what makes crudités worth eating. A vegetable is a vegetable is a vegetable; a vegetable dunked in herby cheesey dip is another thing entirely.
The crudités platter is really your chance to shine when it comes to being incredibly good with food styling—I love to go all out. You could get really crazy and throw on some pepitas or toasted sesame seeds for added texture. Arrange the veggies around the dip like they fell casually from the sky, and you’ve got the kind of semi-virtuous snack platter that Instagram dreams are made of.
Fresh herbs season this ridiculously simple spread from BelGioioso Cheese in Wisconsin. It keeps well in the fridge and is delicious with cherry tomatoes or other vegetable dippers, as well as crackers or baguette slices.
To Make Ahead. Prepare Ricotta and Parmesan Spread up to 1 day in advance. Store in the refrigerator. Take out about an hour before serving.
Not what you are looking for? Try these other amazing Appetizer recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mahogany Chicken Wings
- Marinated Portobello Mushrooms
- Cheesy Cauliflower Tots
- Mini Buffalo Chicken Balls
Ricotta and Parmesan Spread
Fresh herbs season this ridiculously simple spread from BelGioioso Cheese in Wisconsin.
- Prep Time: :15
- Total Time: 1:00
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Refrigerator
- 1 15 – 16 – ounce container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, finely shredded (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 8 – ounce loaf baguette-style French bread, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Assorted vegetable dippers
- For spread: In a large mixing bowl, beat ricotta with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add Parmesan. Beat until combined. Stir in basil, oregano, chives, salt and pepper. (If the spread seems a little dry, stir in olive oil.)
- Spoon spread into a serving bowl. Cover and chill for 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
- For toasted baguette: Place bread slices on a large baking sheet. Bake in a 425 degrees F oven about 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Turn slices over. Bake about 3 minutes more or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven; set aside.
- Serve spread with cooled toast slices and vegetable dippers.
- Serving Size: 16