Yummy Roasted Potatoes and Shallots! Excellent side dish for any meal! This is a great Roasted Potatoes and Shallots recipe. Yukon Golds go creamy and crusty at the same time when roasted with caramelized shallots.
Although salt and pepper are all this dish needs, a spoonful of gravy on top is certainly welcome. These oven-roasted potatoes and onions are a delicacy. They are so flavorful! They are especially good when fresh out of the oven, but leftovers are pretty good too. Caramelized shallots add a lovely sweetness to this dish, while still allowing the potatoes to be the star. They also help to bind the potatoes together, making them less likely to fall apart when roasted. In addition, the shallots add a beautiful pop of color. Finally, they are simply delicious!
If you love roasted potatoes, this roasted potatoes recipe will become your new favorite side dish. The creamy and crusty nature of Yukon Golds are made even better with caramelized shallots that bring out their natural sweetness. This roasted potatoes and shallots recipe goes great with any meal, from salads to chicken or steak! Follow this recipe step-by-step and you’ll have an amazing side dish on the table in no time!
There’s just something about Yukon Gold potatoes and shallots that make them the perfect combination. When roasted together, the potatoes become creamy and the shallots get nice and crispy. It’s an excellent side dish for any meal!Print
Roasted Potatoes and Shallots
This is a great Roasted Potatoes and Shallots recipe. Yukon Golds go creamy and crusty at the same time when roasted with caramelized shallots.
- Prep Time: :15
- Cook Time: :50
- Total Time: 1:05
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Global
- 6 large shallots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in lowest position.
- Toss shallots with 1 1/2 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a 13-by 9-inch baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Roast, stirring occasionally, until shallots are golden, about 30 minutes.
- Toss potatoes with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl, then add to shallots.
- Roast, turning occasionally, until vegetables are tender and potatoes are crusty, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: Roasted Potatoes and Shallots