These Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Cinnamon are roasted to perfection. With their natural sweetness, crispy outsides, and melting creamy insides, roasted sweet potatoes are quite possibly one of the easiest vegetables to adore. Discerning adults and picky eaters alike can rally around them. And they’re good for you too!
These Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Cinnamon are seasoned with cozy flavors and roasted to perfection until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside! These very simple roasted sweet potatoes are an easy side dish to serve with grilled chicken, in a veggie & grain bowl, even alongside hamburgers. You call it!
Packed with nutrients such as beta-carotene, potassium and fiber, sweet potatoes are also low in calories, making them a good addition to a healthy diet — whether you’re trying to lose weight or just make better food choices. Adding sweet potatoes to your daily diet can fulfill your body’s need for vitamins and minerals, which helps in improving eyesight, managing blood pressure and blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of strokes.
Read more about 30 Science-Backed Health Benefits of CinnamonPrint
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Cinnamon
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Cinnamon is a tasty side dish. HOW do you make the most magnificent roasted sweet potatoes that are, seemingly inexplicably, more sublime than any that have come before? Here is the recipe…
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45
- Yield: 4 1x
- Method: Baked
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling potatoes after cooked
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay the sweet potatoes out in a single layer on a roasting tray. Drizzle the oil, honey, cinnamon, salt and pepper over the potatoes. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes in oven or until tender.
- Take sweet potatoes out of the oven and transfer them to a serving platter. Drizzle with more extra-virgin olive oil.
- Cut the Sweet Potatoes into Large Chunks. I found 1-inch pieces to be ideal.
- Larger sweet potato pieces meant a longer roasting time in the oven.
- The insides had time to become unbelievably velvety while the outsides fully crisped, all without drying the sweet potatoes out.
- Don’t Crowd the Pan. You need plenty of room around the pieces for air to circulate, otherwise they will steam and you lose the crispy outsides.
- Seasoning. Even simple kosher salt will give you great results, though you can amp them up in assorted ways. See below for suggestions.
- Add a Touch of Honey. Need to lure picky eaters into eating veggies? Try making honey roasted sweet potatoes. It increases the caramelization of the sweet potatoes further too. If you do add honey, be sure to line your sheet pan to prevent sticking.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Cinnamon