These Tamarind Teriyaki Chicken Skewers are irresistible! With their sweet and savory flavor, they’re perfect for game day or any day! These savory sweet chicken kabobs are unbelievably easy to make and they’re so perfect for game day. If you’re looking for a new recipe to try out, this is a great option. Plus, it’s so simple that you can even experiment with different dipping sauces or marinades to customize your meal! It would be hard not to find something that everyone will enjoy. After all, who doesn’t love a good skewer of meat?
The Super Bowl draws near, and along with it comes the tradition of game day food! From hot wings to beer-infused snacks, there are plenty of crowd-pleasing options that are easy to make and delicious to eat. But if you’re looking for something with more international flair, Tamarind Teriyaki Chicken Skewers are what you want! These savory sweet chicken kabobs are unbelievably easy to make and they’re so perfect for game day!
These savory sweet chicken kabobs are unbelievably easy to make and they’re so perfect for game day! Serve them with rice, greens and a fresh fruit salad to keep your energy up. You can also double or triple the recipe to feed more people or freeze any leftovers. When you get back from the game, all that’s left is to pop these skewers in the oven while you pour yourself a glass of wine and enjoy some alone time.
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these other great appetizer recipes:Print
Tamarind Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
This is a great Tamarind Teriyaki Chicken Skewers recipe. These savory sweet chicken kabobs are unbelievably easy to make and they’re so perfect for game day!
- Prep Time: :15
- Cook Time: :10
- Total Time: :25
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stove Top or Grill
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste (or substitute with pomegranate molasses)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 3/4 cup water plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- Bamboo skewers
- White toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (everything but the bulb), for garnish
- In a small pot or saucepan, mix together the first 7 ingredients (tamarind paste to 3/4 cup water). Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to low and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch with the 2 tablespoons of water until it is dissolved and smooth. Add the cornstarch mixture to the pot and stir until it is well combined and the sauce begins to thicken like a glaze. Continue to cook and reduce by one third, 2 to 3 minutes. Then turn the heat to the lowest possible setting and cover the pot with a lid to keep the sauce warm.
- In a large skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add your chicken pieces and about a quarter of the sauce and cook for 5 minutes without stirring. Then toss the chicken pieces, doing your best to flip them over, adding another quarter of the sauce. Cook until the inside of the meat is white, 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Remove the chicken from the heat and allow it to rest until the pieces are cool enough to handle. Weave the chicken onto the bamboo skewers, about 4 per skewer, and lay them flat on a serving dish or a large plate. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the skewers and sprinkle with white toasted sesame seeds and the sliced green onions. Serve and eat immediately.
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: Tamarind Teriyaki Chicken Skewers