White Hot Chocolate is a traditional hot chocolate beverage made with white chocolate and warm cream. Here is n easy recipe for sweet and creamy homemade Hot Chocolate. This hot chocolate is a cinch to whip up, which means you can make as much or as little as you need. It’s basically three ingredients and one step. Since there are so few ingredients it is important to use good quality white chocolate for the best cup of yummy chocolate.
White Hot Chocolate is a super creamy, delicious drink that will warm you up from head to toe. Requiring only a few ingredients from your pantry, it’s a simple recipe that tastes like a million bucks! It is my total “comfort” drink — warm, smooth, sweet but not too sweet, and chocolate-y but not too chocolate-y. And of course, it is all the better when topped with some fresh whipped cream! Mmmm!!
White chocolate is a chocolate confection, pale ivory in color, made from cocoa butter, sugar, milk solids and sometimes vanilla. White chocolate does not contain cocoa solids, which are found in other types of chocolate, such as milk chocolate and dark chocolate.Print
White Hot Chocolate
White Hot Chocolate is a super creamy, delicious drink that will warm you up from head to toe.
- Cook Time: :15
- Total Time: :15
- Yield: 5 1x
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Stove Top
- 3 cups half-and-half or light cream*
- 3/4 cup vanilla-flavor baking pieces or vanilla-flavor candy coating, chopped
- stick cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Slivers of vanilla-flavor candy coating (optional)
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
- Combine 1/4 cup of the half-and-half or light cream, vanilla baking pieces or chopped candy coating, stick cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan; whisk over low heat until vanilla baking pieces or candy is melted. Remove stick cinnamon.
- Add remaining half-and-half or light cream. Whisk until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and almond extract. Serve warm in cups or mugs; top with slivers of vanilla-flavor candy coating and sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. Makes 5 (6-ounce) servings.
- To reduce fat, you may substitute low-fat milk or evaporated fat-free milk for the half-and-half.
- To create the foamy layer on top, blend some of the hot chocolate mixture in a blender container until frothy, and add to each serving.
- Serving Size: 5
Keywords: white hot chocolate