Make a meal the whole family will rave about – Alfredo Chicken. A creamy Alfredo sauce blankets chicken, pasta, and fresh veggies for a restaurant-style meal under 400 calories and 35 grams of carb per serving. Chicken Alfredo combines a creamy pasta sauce, shredded Parmesan cheese with tender slices of lean protein and mushrooms. The white meat is butterflied for quick cooking and seasoned for maximum flavor.
Get your big pasta bowls ready, because this copycat recipe tastes just like your favorite restaurant, Olive Garden’s Chicken Alfredo. A big pot of creamy fettuccine—enough to serve the whole family—made for a smidgen of the price of one plate? Consider this recipe a real keeper.
This homemade sauce combines simple, fresh ingredients like yummy butter, light cream and shredded Parmesan cheese to make a rich topping to fettuccine pasta. Then it is topped with mushrooms, tender, sliced grilled chicken. Sprinkle some fresh minced parsley on top and buon appetito! Enjoy!!
Not what you are looking for? Try these other great recipes:Print
Make a meal the whole family will rave about. A creamy Alfredo sauce blankets chicken, pasta, and fresh veggies for a restaurant-style meal under 400 calories and 35 grams of carb per serving.
- Prep Time: :10
- Cook Time: :25
- Total Time: :35
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- 6 ounces dried whole grain fettuccine
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion (1)
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven cook fettuccine according to package directions,* except omit the salt. Drain well. Return to hot Dutch oven; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.** Heat over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons of the butter. Add chicken; cook about 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken; cover and keep warm.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon butter to hot skillet. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; cook about 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir wine and cooked chicken into vegetable mixture.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl whisk together half-and-half and flour until smooth.*** Whisk in sour cream, salt, and pepper. Stir sour cream mixture into chicken mixture in skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat just until bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Add tomatoes and the 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Transfer fettuccine to a serving platter. Spoon chicken-Parmesan mixture over fettuccine mixture. Sprinkle with green onion and the 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- PER SERVING: 340 cal., 10 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 68 mg chol., 516 mg sodium, 34 g carb. (4 g fiber, 6 g sugars), 26 g pro.
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: Alfredo Chicken