Prepare to embark on a flavor-packed journey with Alton Brown’s renowned recipe for Buffalo Wings. As a culinary expert and beloved television personality, Alton Brown‘s recipe promises to deliver the ultimate experience of this classic American appetizer.
These Buffalo Wings are a testament to the perfect balance of heat, tang, and succulence. Alton’s expert approach ensures that every bite of these wings is infused with irresistible flavors that will tantalize your taste buds and leave you craving more.
What sets these wings apart is the meticulous attention to detail in both the preparation and cooking process. Alton’s recipe takes you through the steps of achieving tender, crispy wings that are coated in a tangy and spicy Buffalo sauce. Each wing is meticulously seasoned, cooked to perfection, and then bathed in the signature sauce that is a hallmark of this iconic dish.
Whether you’re hosting a game-day gathering, planning a casual get-together, or simply seeking a mouthwatering treat, Alton Brown’s Buffalo Wings will undoubtedly be the star of the show. The combination of tender chicken, perfectly crispy skin, and the addictive Buffalo sauce creates an explosion of flavors that will leave your guests or yourself yearning for more.
So, roll up your sleeves and prepare to dive into a plate of irresistibly delicious Buffalo Wings that will ignite your taste buds. Follow Alton Brown’s expert guidance and unlock the secrets to achieving restaurant-quality wings in the comfort of your own kitchen. Get ready to indulge in a true American classic that will satisfy your cravings and leave you craving for seconds.
Why do they call it buffalo wings?
The name itself has nothing to do with actual buffalo or bison, but instead, the credit goes to a small family-owned restaurant called Anchor Bar located in Buffalo, New York. It is known as the original place this tasty snack was first served.
Not what you are looking for? Try these other amazing Appetizer recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mahogany Chicken Wings
- Marinated Portobello Mushrooms
- Cheesy Cauliflower Tots
- Mini Buffalo Chicken Balls
Alton Brown’s Buffalo Wings
- Prep Time: :25
- Cook Time: :50
- Total Time: 1:55
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Steam / Roast
- Place a 6-quart saucepan, with a steamer basket and 1 inch of water in the bottom, over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove the tips of the wings and discard or save for making stock. Use kitchen shears or a knife to separate the wings at the joint. Place the wings in the steamer basket, cover, reduce the heat to medium and steam 10 minutes. Remove the wings from the basket and carefully pat dry. Lay out the wings on a cooling rack set in a half sheet pan lined with paper towels and place in the refrigerator to dry, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Remove the paper towels on the pan and replace with parchment paper. Roast on the middle rack of the oven, about 20 minutes. Turn the wings over and cook 20 to 30 more minutes, or until the meat is cooked through and the skin is golden brown.
- While the chicken is roasting, melt the butter in a small bowl with the garlic. Pour this along with the hot sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt into a bowl large enough to hold all of the chicken and stir to combine. Remove the wings from the oven, transfer to the bowl and toss with the sauce. Serve warm.
- Photograph by Con Poulos
- Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown for Food Network Magazine
Keywords: Buffalo Wings