Super Simple Beef Lo Mein. This simple 20 minute Asparagus Beef Lo Mein has melt in your mouth tender beef with asparagus and noodles. The hoisin sauce really adds such amazing flavor to this incredibly easy meal! This home-cooked Beef Lo Mein recipe tastes just like takeout, but better, it uses more vegetables than the typical takeout. It’s very easy to make. If you love lo mein dishes, this is a serious, must-try recipe!
This Beef Lo Mein with Asparagus is a great twist on the classic Chinese take out, Beef Lo Mein. With the addition of Ramen noodles you just can’t go wrong. Add in the tender steak and asparagus for a fresh and delicious twist on lo mein.
This dish is a quick stir fry dish with thinly sliced steak, Ramen noodles and asparagus. It’s the perfect weeknight meal that is fancy enough to serve to company! I believe that food should be savored, enjoyed, and shared, rather than restricted, avoided, or argued over.
Weeknights have never been easier with this delicious Beef Lo Mein noodles recipe! It’s a classic stir-fry noodle dish that is coated with a delicious savory sauce, packed with tender beef strips, and vegetables that the whole family will love.Print
Asparagus Beef Lo Mein
This simple 20 minute Asparagus Beef Lo Mein has melt in your mouth tender beef with asparagus, carrots and noodles.
- Prep Time: :10
- Cook Time: :10
- Total Time: :20
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) beef ramen noodles
- 2/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2–1/4 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Toss beef with 1/2 teaspoon seasoning from a ramen seasoning packet (discard remaining opened packet). In a small bowl, mix hoisin sauce and 1/4 cup water.
- In a saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil. Add noodles and contents of the unopened seasoning packet; cook, uncovered, 3 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, until noodles are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry beef until browned, 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry asparagus with garlic until crisp-tender, 1-3 minutes. Stir in hoisin sauce mixture; bring to a boil. Cook until slightly thickened. Stir in beef; heat through. Serve over noodles.
- 1 serving: 511 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1367mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Asparagus Beef Lo Mein