Broccoli Spaghetti, Super Simple Dish!!
Broccoli Spaghetti is a quick and easy vegetarian dish that’s packed with nutrition and flavor. This recipe is so easy to put together that you can even use frozen broccoli to save time. While frozen broccoli may take a couple of minutes longer to cook, it saves you the trouble of prepping, as there’s none to be done.
The star of this dish is the creamy Parmesan cheese sauce, which soaks into the pasta and blends perfectly with the fresh broccoli. Each bite is a burst of deliciousness, and the combination of flavors and textures is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
But this dish isn’t just delicious – it’s also a nutritional powerhouse. Broccoli is a rich source of vitamins K, A, B1, B2, B3, B6, fiber, iron, and zinc, among other essential nutrients. These vitamins and minerals provide a range of health benefits, from cancer prevention to better cardiovascular health through the lowering of cholesterol.
In addition to its nutritional benefits, broccoli is also a great source of antioxidants, which help to protect your body against damage from free radicals. The fiber in broccoli also helps to support digestive health, keeping your gut happy and healthy.
Overall, Broccoli Spaghetti is a delicious and nutritious meal that’s easy to prepare and sure to please even the pickiest eaters. Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking for a tasty and healthy meal, this dish is a great choice.Print
Broccoli Spaghetti is really easy to put together – you can even use frozen broccoli to save time.
- Prep Time: :10
- Cook Time: :20
- Total Time: :30
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Stove Top
- 8 ounces dried pasta, like spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, half sliced and half crushed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large heavy pot over medium-low heat. When butter is melt, add sliced and crushed garlic and red pepper flakes until they are fragrant. Stir occasionally to make sure garlic and red pepper flakes don’t get burnt.
- Once they are fragrant, add sliced onion and broccoli florets. Season them with salt and pepper. Toss everything until onions are translucent and florets are tender but still firm, for 3-4 minutes. Add lemon zest at the end and quickly toss everything again until it’s fragrant.
- Add whole milk to the pot with salt and garlic powder and let it simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta, occasionally stirring, until very al dente (2–3 minutes less than package directions). Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Using tongs, add pasta to milk broth. Cook everything over high heat and bring everything together with pasta water and Parmesan for a minute, or until the pasta is cooked when you taste, “al dente” if you can.
- Serve pasta with freshly cracked black pepper and more grated Parmesan cheese.
- Pro tip: don’t overcook your broccoli – not only does the texture become soft and bland but it loses nutritional value.
Keywords: Broccoli Spaghetti