Garlic Bread, the best I’ve found is Ree Drummond’s recipe for Cheesy Bread! Who doesn’t love Garlic Bread? This Homemade Cheesy Garlic Bread is the real deal with homemade dough, fresh garlic, real butter, and your favorite cheese. Grated cheese takes this classic to the next level. I always make two and never had any leftovers.
Serve this gooey, cheesy bread with these excellent recipes:
- Shrimp with Garlic Cream Sauce Over Linguine
- Spaghetti alla Cacio e Pepe
- Pasta with Tomato & Veg sauce
It is difficult to say exactly where the concept of garlic cheese bread originated, as breads with added garlic and cheese are found in many cultures around the world. However, the specific combination of garlic and cheese on bread is likely to have evolved from the popularity of these ingredients in Italian cuisine.
In Italy, it is common to find breads that are topped with garlic, cheese, and other flavorful ingredients such as herbs and spices. This type of bread is often served as an appetizer or side dish and is known as bruschetta in Italian. The exact origins of bruschetta are somewhat disputed, but it is believed to have originated in central Italy, possibly in the region of Lazio or Tuscany, in the 15th or 16th century.Print
Garlic Cheese Bread
Who doesn’t love Garlic Bread? This Homemade Cheesy Garlic Bread is the real deal with homemade dough, fresh garlic, real butter, and your favorite cheese.
- Prep Time: :15
- Cook Time: :10
- Total Time: :25
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Bread
- Method: Oven
- 3–1/2 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, Grated
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup (Real) Mayonnaise
- 4 whole Green Onions, White And Light Green Parts Minced
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 loaf Crusty French Bread
- 1 stick Butter
- 4 cloves Garlic, Finely Minced
- Mix cheeses with the mayonnaise and the green onions. Add dash of salt to taste and set aside or keep in fridge until you need it.
- Cut loaf of bread in half, then each half into half again.
- Working 1/4 loaf at a time, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet and add 1/4 of the minced garlic. Place 1 of the 1/4 loaves face down in the skillet, swirling it to soak up the butter and garlic. Allow bread to toast in the skillet, removing garlic if it starts to get too brown.
- Repeat with remaining butter, garlic, and bread.
- Spread cheese mixture on warm loaves and bake in a 425 degree oven until cheese is hot and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Garlic Cheese Bread