A Diabetic friendly recipe for Bacon Onion Potato SaladPrint
Bacon Onion Potato Salad
Bacon Onion Potato Salad – What a delicious side for the summer. For peak flavor and texture, serve this salad the same day you make it. This is just PERFECT. A different take on a classic that just makes so much sense. Everything is better with bacon, and this tasty dish is certainly no exception! The sweet smoky notes bacon brings to this recipe, is simply, irresistible.
Need more diabetic recipes? Get great recipes for diabetics for your next meal. Discover diabetes-friendly recipes for dinner, desserts, snacks and much more. Not all low-carb, low-sugar meals have to be tasteless. Check out this collection of recipes to find a dish perfect for every course.
- 12 ounces unpeeled red potatoes, diced (about 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons real bacon bits
- Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the potatoes and return to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover tightly, and cook 4 minutes or until just tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and run under cold water until cool, about 30 seconds. Drain well and place in a medium bowl with the remaining ingredients. Toss gently to blend well.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours for a more blended flavor. To serve, add salt, if desired and toss.
- Choices/Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Fat
- Serving Size: 4