Baked Chinese 5-spice Chicken: Easy, Economical, and Tasty!
If you’re looking for an easy and economical meal that packs a punch of flavor, then Baked Chinese 5-spice Chicken is the recipe for you! This delicious and moist oven-baked chicken marinated with Asian spices and sauces will tantalize your taste buds with its unique flavor. Not only is it quick and simple to make, it’s also incredibly budget-friendly. So, if you’re looking for an easy and tasty meal that won’t break the bank, try this Baked Chinese 5-spice Chicken recipe today!
The Chinese 5-spice blend, which is also known as Chinese 5-fragrance, is a complex spice blend that originated in China. The original blend was said to include five different spices—cinnamon, fennel, cloves, star anise, and Sichuan pepper. However, it is often seen with additional spices such as ginger, nutmeg, or licorice root added.
Chinese 5-spice is an incredibly versatile blend that can be used in a variety of dishes from stir-fries to marinades and sauces. It has a strong, sweet-spicy flavor and can be used in a range of savory and sweet dishes.
The use of Chinese 5-spice is believed to have been first recorded during the Ming dynasty in the 14th century. Since then it has become popular throughout China and has made its way into other parts of the world, including Europe and North America.
It’s a blend of flavors that is both complex and harmonious. The spices work together to create a unique flavor that is distinct from the individual spices themselves. The combination of spices gives this blend a warm aroma and a slightly sweet, yet spicy taste.
The versatility of Chinese 5-spice makes it a great option for adding depth of flavor to any dish. It pairs well with poultry, pork, beef, fish, shellfish, tofu, vegetables, and even some desserts. So no matter what you’re cooking, Chinese 5-spice can bring out the best flavor.
If you can’t find it at stores, you can certainly purchase them easily online at Amazon.Print
Baked Chinese 5-spice Chicken
Baked Chinese 5-spice Chicken – Chinese 5-spice gives a big kapow of flavor to this easy and inexpensive baked chicken.
- Prep Time: 1:00
- Cook Time: :20
- Total Time: 1:20
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Asian
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, plus extra for onions
- 4 – 5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Chinese 5-spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 large skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp fresh chopped cilantro
- Combine olive oil, garlic, rice vinegar, brown sugar, 5-spice and salt in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken thighs; seal and coat chicken by manipulating the bag. Chill chicken for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400. Slice and coat onion in a bit of olive oil. Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Scatter onion slices on baking sheet. Arrange chicken on top of onion. Roast until chicken is cooked through or until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove tray from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Sprinkle chicken and onion with cilantro and serve warm.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Baked Chinese 5-spice Chicken