Panfried Brook Trout with Lemon is a delicious and healthy meal that is easy to make and perfect for a weeknight dinner. This recipe, based on Martha Stewart’s classic, highlights the delicate flavors of the trout, while adding a bright citrus twist with fresh lemon. The result is a dish that is both light and flavorful, with a crispy exterior and tender, flaky flesh.
Brook trout is a freshwater fish that is native to North America, and is known for its delicate, sweet flavor and tender texture. When prepared properly, it is a delicious and nutritious source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. In this recipe, the trout is lightly seasoned with salt and pepper, and then pan fried in a mixture of butter and oil until crispy and golden brown.
The addition of lemon in this recipe adds a burst of freshness to the dish, and perfectly complements the flavors of the fish. A simple lemon wedge is all that is needed to add a bright, tangy flavor that will bring out the best in the trout.
This recipe is simple and straightforward, and can be easily adapted to suit your preferences. It is a perfect dish for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, or for a special occasion when you want to impress your guests with a delicious and elegant meal. So whether you are a seasoned chef or a beginner in the kitchen, give this recipe a try and enjoy the flavors of fresh brook trout with a bright and zesty lemon twist.Print
Panfried Brook Trout with Lemon
Panfried Brook Trout with Lemon recipe is a simple and delicious way to cook fish, especially if you’re in a hurry! The whole recipe takes only 22 minutes.
- Prep Time: :10
- Cook Time: :12
- Total Time: :22
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Pan Fried
- 8 medium brook trout, gutted, cleaned and beheaded, about 9 or 10 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 4 lemons, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 4 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Rinse trout, and pat dry. Combine 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, cornmeal, cornstarch and flour on a plate. Dredge in flour mixture; shake off excess.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in an 11-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 trout cook 4 minutes, arrange 4 or 5 lemon slices around fish, and cook until golden brown, about 6 minutes. If lemon slices begin to burn, put them on top of fish. Turn fish, and cook until it has a golden crust and is flaky and moist, about 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Remove fish from skillet, and keep warm wrapped in foil. Repeat twice with remaining trout, butter, oil, and lemon slices. Serve fish with some of the cooked lemon slices.
Keywords: Panfried Brook Trout with Lemon