Bone broth is a versatile elixir celebrated for its remarkable health benefits, spanning from promoting a resilient gut to fostering radiant skin and fortifying the immune system. Crafting this nourishing liquid gold at home is a straightforward process, and its nutrient-rich profile brims with minerals that play a pivotal role in bolstering your body’s natural defenses.
The magic of bone broth lies in its abundance of healing compounds, including collagen, glutamine, glycine, and proline. Collagen, in particular, works wonders by mending and fortifying the delicate lining of your gut while mitigating intestinal inflammation. This dynamic blend of components transforms bone broth into an elixir that not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers profound wellness benefits.
Reflecting on days of old, families would maintain a steady simmer of this wholesome broth on the fireside hearth. This not only served as a fundamental base for soups and culinary creations but also acted as a means of preserving the broth’s freshness, long before the era of refrigeration. Although it’s a tradition that has been somewhat forgotten in modern times, it’s heartening to witness its resurgence in today’s culinary landscape and a proper soup pot.
Bone broth finds its utility in a plethora of culinary applications:
- It serves as the foundation for creating hearty soups and stews.
- Sipped on its own in a comforting mug, it’s a warming and soothing beverage.
- It becomes the cornerstone for crafting delectable gravies and sauces.
- A secret weapon for cooking vegetables, elevating their nutrient content and flavor.
- For those who enjoy DIY projects, dehydrating bone broth can yield your very own homemade bouillon powder, adding a depth of flavor to various dishes.
Embrace the resurgence of this time-honored tradition by incorporating bone broth into your culinary repertoire and nourishing your body from within. Its holistic benefits extend far beyond the kitchen, promising a journey to vitality and well-being.Print
Bone broth is an incredibly nutritious and health-boosting food that is very easy to make. It is very rich in minerals that help support the immune system and it contains healing compounds such as collagen, glutamine, glycine and proline.
- Prep Time: :15
- Cook Time: 8:00
- Total Time: 8:15
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- 2 carrots, chopped medium
- 2 celery stalks, chopped medium
- 1 medium onion, chopped medium
- 7 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3.5 lb of beef bones
- 2 bay leaves
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- water to cover
- Place all ingredients into slow cooker and cook on low 8-10 hours.
- When it’s ready, pour the broth through a strainer, and discard the solids.
- The broth will keep in the fridge for a few days and in the freezer for several months.
- Freeze in an ice cube tray for easy portions for recipes.
Keywords: Bone Broth