Introducing Sheet Pan Chicken al Pastor – a delectable dish designed with the home cook in mind. This recipe promises a delightful fusion of earthy, citrusy, and sweet flavors, all artfully combined in a marinade that will elevate your chicken to new heights. And the best part? You won’t need to be a culinary expert to master this dish.
This sheet pan wonder simplifies the cooking process, requiring minimal effort and time. Imagine succulent pieces of chicken, bathed in the vibrant al pastor marinade, then carefully arranged on a baking sheet alongside sweet pineapple slices. As they roast, your kitchen will fill with irresistible aromas.
The final touch is a quick rendezvous under the broiler. Watch in anticipation as the flavors meld, and the dish transforms into a tantalizing blend of crispy and caramelized perfection. It’s this balance of textures and flavors that makes this Sheet Pan Chicken al Pastor a tempting proposition for any home cook. More Mexican recipes.
Now, the culinary possibilities are endless. Serve up your creation in soft tacos, hearty burritos, or as a centerpiece in burrito bowls. Craving a snack? How about indulging in nachos topped with this succulent chicken. It’s a versatile recipe that can adapt to your culinary whims.
In essence, Sheet Pan Chicken al Pastor is the epitome of home cooking made easy, fast, and oh-so flavorful. Get ready to savor every bite of this delightful creation that your family and friends will surely appreciate.
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these other great recipes:Print
Chicken al Pastor
Sheet Pan Chicken al Pastor! Made with an earthy, citrusy & sweet al pastor marinade & baked on a sheet pan with pineapple until completely juicy & tender.
- Prep Time: :15
- Cook Time: :20
- Total Time: :40
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- al pastor marinade, below
- 2 cups finely diced pineapple
- for serving, as desired: charred corn tortillas, cilantro lime rice, black beans, Mexican crema, pickled red onions, freshly chopped cilantro, queso fresco or cheese of choice, salsa of choice, lime wedges, etc.
for the al pastor marinade:
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2–3 chipotle peppers, from a can packed in adobo sauce
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or honey, or agave)
- 1 tablespoon achiote paste
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- Prep the al pastor marinade & marinate the chicken: Add all listed marinade ingredients to a blender. Blend until combined. Add the chicken thighs & thinly sliced yellow onion to a large bowl. Pour the al pastor marinade over top & toss to combine. Marinate in the refrigerator (covered) for at least 6 hours or up to 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F, arranging the oven racks such that one is in the center of the oven & one is 6-8 inches under the broil. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy clean up, as desired, and set aside.
- Bake the chicken: Transfer the marinated chicken & onions to the prepared baking sheet, draining & any excess marinade. Add the diced pineapple to the baking sheet. Toss to combine with the chicken & onions, spooning a little extra al pastor marinade into the mix as necessary to coat the pineapple with the sauce. Bake on the center rack for 15 minutes. The chicken should be nearly cooked through. Remove the chicken from the oven to chop, and meanwhile preheat the broiler.
- Dice the chicken al pastor: Transfer the chicken to a cutting board & carefully chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Place the chopped chicken pastor back on the baking sheet.
- Broil for crispy chicken al pastor: Place the baking sheet under the broiler. Broil 4-5 minutes, turning the pan halfway through, until the al pastor chicken are browned & slightly crisp.
- Serve: Place the crispy chicken pastor in tortillas for tacos or a bowl with rice & beans for burrito bowls, finishing with your favorite taco night toppings of choice: sour cream/Mexican crema, pickled red onions, cilantro, etc. Enjoy!
Keywords: Chicken al Pastor