Are you ready to transform your kitchen into a place of culinary magic? If you’re a home cook on the hunt for a simple and nourishing weeknight family dinner, then look no further. From Barilla Pasta, this Perfect Penne with Chicken & Roasted Garlic Sauce is a delightful creation that blends the earthy flavors of roasted garlic, tender chicken, and hearty penne pasta into a satisfying masterpiece.
In this recipe, you’ll marinate chicken breast tenders with a fragrant blend of ground fennel seed, dried basil, coriander, salt, and freshly ground black pepper, infusing your dish with layers of mouthwatering aromas. As you cook the chicken in a skillet with a touch of olive oil, it crisps to golden perfection in just a few minutes, while you sauté minced garlic to a state of soft, aromatic perfection.
Now, picture your kitchen filled with the tantalizing scent of tomatoes and white wine simmering together, creating a luscious, rich sauce that clings to every inch of perfectly cooked penne pasta. The simplicity of this recipe is what makes it a favorite among home cooks. You don’t need to be a gourmet chef to create a masterpiece; it’s all about combining the right flavors and techniques.
Finally, as the penne pasta and sauce merge in a large bowl, we crown this creation with a generous sprinkle of freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and a handful of chopped fresh basil, elevating your meal to a restaurant-worthy dish. With minimal effort, you can whip up a dish that will have your family’s taste buds dancing with joy. So, roll up your sleeves and let’s make some magic in the kitchen!Print
Perfect Penne with Chicken & Roasted Garlic Sauce is a great weeknight family dinner that is simple and nutritious meal.
- Prep Time: :05
- Cook Time: :20
- Total Time: :25
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut into (1-inch) pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup white wine
- 8 ounces uncooked penne
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; rub over chicken.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes, turning once. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds or until garlic is soft. Add tomatoes and wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Add chicken, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Toss pasta with sauce in a large bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
- Calories 446 Calories from fat 15% Fat 7.2g Sat fat 1.9g Mono fat 3.2g Poly fat 0.8g Protein 38.5g Carbohydrate 57.1g Fiber 6.5g Cholesterol 70mg Iron 4.2mg Sodium 774mg Calcium 153mg
Keywords: Perfect Penne