Simple and tasty Breakfast Burritos with Chicken Apple Sausage – Full of sweet chicken-apple sausage, red onions, green peppers, melty Monterey Jack cheese and fluffy scrambled eggs in a simple flour tortilla, these easy to make breakfast burrito rock breakfast! They freeze well too, wrap in plastic wrap and store in freezer bags!!
Can we let you in on a little secret? Homemade breakfast burritos are so very easy. In fact, is a breakfast burrito recipe really even necessary? Well, obviously we think it is! Hear us out. True, anyone can take a few breakfast ingredients and toss them in a tortilla, but we want the best for you! Specifically, we want the best breakfast burrito recipe to be in your recipe arsenal.
Breakfast burritos, sometimes referred to as a breakfast wrap outside of the American Southwest, it is a variety of American breakfast composed of breakfast items wrapped inside a flour tortilla burrito. There is no ONE right way to make a breakfast burrito. But if you follow this easy recipe, you’re guaranteed perfect results every time.
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these other excellent Breakfast Recipes:
- Keto Bacon and Eggs
- Yukon Gold Cinnamon Rolls
- Banana Chia Seed Bread
- Vegetable Omelet
- Southern Country Gravy
- Asparagus Frittata
Breakfast Burritos with Chicken Apple Sausage
Full of sweet chicken-apple sausage, green peppers, savory cheese and fluffy scrambled egg, these breakfast burritos rock breakfast! The breakfast burrito, sometimes referred to as a breakfast wrap outside of the American Southwest, it is a variety of American breakfast composed of breakfast items wrapped inside a flour tortilla burrito. There’s no ONE right way to make a breakfast burrito. But if you follow this easy recipe, you’re guaranteed perfect results every time.
- Prep Time: :15
- Cook Time: :10
- Total Time: :25
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 2 links (3 ozs. each) fully cooked chicken sausage with real apples, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream divided
- 1/4 cup salsa, any variety divided
- HEAT canola oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sausage; saute 2 minutes. Add onion and green pepper; cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- WHISK eggs, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper in medium bowl until completely blended. Push sausage mixture to one side of skillet. Add egg mixture to opposite side of skillet. Stir eggs gently as they begin to set, forming soft curds. Fold into sausage mixture and continue cooking until eggs are set. Remove from heat. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Spoon sausage mixture vertically down center of each tortilla. Fold one side of each tortilla toward center, tightly covering filling. Fold top and bottom ends in about 2 inches. Roll tightly to completely enclose filling. Place seam side down on serving plates. Garnish each burrito with diced avocado, 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 tablespoon salsa.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Breakfast Burritos with Chicken Apple Sausage