A great Queso Blanco recipe. Get smooth and creamy Mexican restaurant-style white Queso Dip at home. The perfect appetizer for family and friends, make this Spicy Restaurant Style Queso Blanco tonight! I’ve had a lot of pretty good queso dip in my life. I mean, we’re talking ooey gooey melted cheese with Mexican flavors. What’s not to love about that?
White Cheese Dip is everyone’s favorite Mexican appetizer. Get your tortilla chips ready for dipping, or drizzle the queso blanco dip over your favorite Mexican dishes. Everyone LOVES my recipe for white cheese dip! This tastes even better than what you get at restaurants! Bonus: You can eat seconds and third with no judgments.
While most people consume the entire batch of queso blanco in one seating, leftovers do store well.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Reheat: Reheat leftovers in the microwave. Heat for 30-60 seconds stirring every 30 seconds. Add more milk if needed to reach your desired consistency.
Freezing: Not recommended.Print
Queso Blanco Dip
Get smooth and creamy Mexican restaurant-style Queso Blanco Dip at home.
- Prep Time: :08
- Cook Time: :08
- Total Time: :16
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil (veggie, olive, canola – whatever you have)
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1 large jalapeno or serrano, seeds and stem removed; diced
- 12 oz white American cheese (I have the deli give me 3 slices on 10), shredded
- 4 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (optional; don’t use pre-shredded)
- 1/4–2/3 cup cream, half-and-half, or whole milk
- 1 roma tomato, seeds removed and diced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and jalapeño to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add both of the shredded cheeses and 1/4 cup of the milk. Whisk or stir until completely melted.
- Mix in the tomato and cilantro, and add additional milk gradually as necessary to achieve desired consistency (I added about 1/2 cup total).
- Transfer to a warmed serving bowl and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Queso Blanco