Raw Salsa using Cherry tomatoes – This homemade salsa recipe is healthy, fresh, and so easy to make!Print
Raw Salsa using Cherry Tomatoes
This quick and delicious recipe for Raw Sauce using Cherry tomatoes is just perfect for using those small garden or cherry tomatoes, especially during their season, when they’re juicy and really sweet. The combination with the peppers gives this raw sauce a great flavor.
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes*
- 1 Tablespoon of bird peppers**
- 1 small garlic clove
- Salt to taste
- A few cilantro leaves (optional)
- Crush the pepper in you stone mortar (or blender) first. This salsa has a coarse, chunky texture.
- Add the garlic and grind with the mortar stone.
- Add the tomatoes little bit little, and continue grinding. If needed, add a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Season with salt and serve in a bowl. Enjoy! It’s really easy!
- This salsa lasts just one day fresh in the fridge.
- * Try to find small garden cherry tomatoes, those very small-multicolored tomatoes. If you can’t find any, then use regular cherry tomatoes. Grape tomatoes have a very hard skin and aren’t as sweet as cherry tomatoes.
- ** You can substitute bird peppers with any other green pepper like Serrano or jalapeño. If using Serrano or jalapeño, dice them very finely.