Caprese Quinoa Bake is a cheesy, gooey casserole of quinoa, tomatoes and basil.
Caprese Quinoa Bake
Caprese Quinoa Bake is a cheesy, gooey casserole of quinoa, tomatoes and basil. Quinoa adds so much nutrition to this serious comfort food casserole. Creamy Caprese Quinoa Bake, a cozy an delicious meal that everyone will love and feeds a crowd!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup of your favorite pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella, divided
- 1/2–1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large bunch fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat tomato sauce and tomato paste over low heat in a large saucepan. Once warm, stir in heavy cream, parmesan, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and stir in the quinoa. Fold in half of the mozzarella and half of the tomatoes, then chop 6 fresh basil leaves and add them in too. Once combined, spray an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish with non-stick spray and pour the entire quinoa mixture into the dish. Top with fresh mozzarella rounds or shredded mozzarella and the remaining tomatoes.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes and then turn the broiler on and broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil ribbons. Allow to sit five minutes and then serve.
- Serving Size: 4