Cheeseburger Pie – This low-carb, diabetic friendly ground beef casserole features lots of flavor.Print
Cheeseburger Pie – This low-carb, diabetic friendly, ground beef casserole features lots of flavor, but not a whole lot of the stuff that isn’t good for you. And since it’s so easy to prepare and serve, it’s a good recipe to add to your rotation of weeknight meals!
Need more diabetic recipes? Get great recipes for diabetics for your next meal. Discover diabetes-friendly recipes for dinner, desserts, snacks and much more. Not all low-carb, low-sugar meals have to be tasteless. Check out this collection of recipes to find a dish perfect for every course.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50
- 1 3/4 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef 8 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink; drain liquid. Stir in onion powder and 1 cup cheese. Place mixture in prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg substitute, mayonnaise, half-and-half, salt, and pepper; pour over beef mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes, sprinkle remaining cheese on top, and cook another 5 to 10 minutes, or until firm in center. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 8