Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers is a diabetic friendly recipe.Print
Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers is a diabetic friendly recipe! Philly cheesesteak sandwiches are a popular American favorite, but they’re not the healthiest option for those of us who are watching our carbs and fat intake. Luckily, we’ve stuffed all the goodness of a Philly cheese steak into fresh peppers to come up with this diabetic-friendly recipe for Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices low-salt deli roast beef, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, cut in half
- 2 large green bell peppers, sliced in half, seeds removed, blanched
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil and margarine and saute onions, mushrooms, garlic, salt and black pepper for 10-12 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat and stir in roast beef.
- Place a piece of cheese inside each green pepper and fill evenly with meat mixture. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove foil, then top with remaining cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes, or until pepper is tender and cheese is melted.
- To blanch the peppers, place in a pot of boiling water for 1 minute, drain, set aside.
- Serving Size: 4