Diabetic Friendly Broiled Rainbow Trout with Fresh TomatoPrint
Broiled Rainbow Trout with Fresh Tomato
Broiled Rainbow Trout with Fresh Tomato is a diabetic friendly recipe. Tomatoes and lime juice give this low-fat fish recipe extra moistness and flavor. The delicate texture of trout requires broiling or baking in a hot oven rather than grilling on a barbecue.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 15
- 1 lb rainbow trout fillets (2 medium or 4 small)
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- ½ tsp grated lime rind
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pinch each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- Wipe fish with paper towels; split medium fillets lengthwise. Spray shallow baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; arrange fillets in dish in single layer.
- Stir together coriander, lime rind, lime juice, oil, salt and pepper. Combine 2 tbsp of the lime mixture with chopped tomatoes; set aside. Spread remainder over fish; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Broil fish 4 inches from heat for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Serve with reserved tomato mixture.
- Serving Size: 4