Asparagus is a quick and simple, healthy side dish. Grilled Asparagus is ready within minutes and you have tender asparagus coated in garlic that will become a family favorite! Mmm. Asparagus. You can steam them, boil them, roast them, but I don’t think anything beats the flavor of asparagus that are simply grilled.
The best grilled asparagus becomes smoky and sweetly caramelized when the grill does its job it does so well, when the outside of these bright green spears become lightly charred and crisped, and the interior soft and tender.
Trim asparagus with a snap. To prepare the asparagus, simply snap the ends to trim by bending each stalk gently about 2/3 of the way down the stalk. The asparagus will naturally break where the woody part begins, leaving tender stalks perfect for eating.
Or, line them up and cut all at once. If patience is not your virtue and snapping asparagus sounds blasé, line up a handful of the asparagus in a row and use a sharp knife to cut the asparagus 2/3 of the way down the stalk. Likewise, use a knife to tidy up the ends of the snapped asparagus if desired.
Try this Asparagus with Grilled Tri Tip Steak, St. Louis-Style Steak or Savory Grilled T-Bones. Asparagus is such a seriously versatile vegetable, check out more Asparagus Recipes. Looking for More Grill Vegetables?
Read more about 31 Science-Backed Health Benefits of AsparagusPrint
Grilled Asparagus is ready within minutes and you have tender asparagus coated in garlic that will become a family favorite!
- Prep Time: :05
- Cook Time: :05
- Total Time: :10
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grilled
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat and oil the grates.
- Place the trimmed asparagus on a baking sheet. Add the chopped garlic and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and toss to coat.
- Place on the grill directly or in a grill basket. Grill until just tender and lightly charred, about 5 minutes.
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: Grilled Asparagus