Pioneer Woman’s Cheesy Refried Bean Casserole!Print
Cheesy Refried Bean Casserole
Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond makes this Cheesy Refried Bean Casserole with a hint of tequila for her Tex-Mex feast.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 55
- Butter, for greasing and frying
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup tequila
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Three 16-ounce cans refried beans
- 2 cups grated Cheddar
- 2 cups grated pepper Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread a little butter on the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Heat some butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and onions and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Off heat, add the tequila, then return to the heat and cook until evaporated, about 1 minute. Add the chili powder, garlic, jalapenos and some salt and pepper and cook for a minute or 2. Add the beans to the skillet and stir to combine everything. Cook until warmed through, about 4 minutes.
- Spread half of the beans in the prepared baking dish. Top with half of the Cheddar and pepper Jack cheeses. Spread on the remaining beans and top with the remaining cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and just beginning to brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serving Size: 6