Crock Pot Beef Carnitas Tacos are simple to make. Crock Pot Beef Carnitas Tacos is just a simple and easy weeknight dinner recipe, no big deal…..except for the fact that these tacos are BURSTING with spicy and savory flavors, creamy and crunchy textures, and are the easiest EVER! In the morning, add a roast and some spices to your slow cooker and by dinner you will have the most tender and flavorful dinner waiting for you!
Looking for an easy way to make amazing tacos with a Tex-Mex flair? Break out your slow cooker or Instant Pot, prep in the morning, and come home to tender braised taco meat when you walk through the door in the evening. Flank steak is a leaner cut of red meat, which makes it very heart healthy and great for a diabetes meal plan. That also means that the low-and-slow style of the slow cooker is perfect. When it comes to toppings, get creative. Avocados, pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, hot sauce, and a sprinkle of cheese are all great additions to these tasty tacos.
Easy to make Beef Carnitas Tacos that are perfect for a delicious, gluten free dinner! The meat just falls apart, and it’s delicious served in tortillas with avocado and salsa. BONUS: This also freezes well.Print
Crock Pot Beef Carnitas Tacos
In the morning, add the meat, vegetables and some spices to your slow cooker and by dinner you will have the most tender and flavorful dinner waiting for you!
- Prep Time: :05
- Cook Time: 8:00
- Total Time: 8:30
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Crock Pot / Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 lbs flank steak
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
for spice rub
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Mix together all spices in a small bowl. Rub the spices all over your flank steak—be generous here! Then, place your steak at the bottom of your crock pot.
- Cover the steak with the chopped onions, bell peppers and jalapeno pepper. Turn heat on LOW and cook for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, remove meat from crock pot and shred with a fork. It should be incredibly easy to shred. You can either stick the shredded meat back in the pot for another hour or serve as is.
- To serve, heat your corn tortillas in a skillet on the stove. Spoon some carnitas on a tortilla then top with salsa, avocado, cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: Crock Pot Beef Carnitas Tacos