Slow Cooker Easy Chili – A simmering pot of chili warms up any occasion, from Game Day and tailgate parties to cozy family meals.
Slow Cooker Easy Chili
Slow Cooker Easy Chili – A simmering pot of chili warms up any occasion, from Game Day and tailgate parties to cozy family meals. This Slow Cooker Chili is one of my all time most popular recipes! Full of flavor and simply the best crockpot chili out there!
You can easily substitute ground turkey instead of beef for a lighter option and the rest of the ingredients should already be stocked away in your pantry. To top the hot, spicy chili, add shredded Cheddar cheese and corn chips for extra flavor and texture.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 360
- Total Time: 375
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (16-ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayanne (optional)
- Cook first 4 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Place mixture in 5-quart slow cooker; stir in beans and remaining ingredients. Cook at HIGH 3 to 4 hours or at LOW 5 to 6 hours.
- If you want to thicken this saucy chili, stir in finely crushed saltine crackers until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Serving Size: 8