Super Yummy Chia Carrot Cake – This family recipe will never disappoint – sweet, moist carrot cake enriched with chia seeds and topped with tangy cream cheese icing. The perfect cake for a celebration or an afternoon tea treat. It is 100% made from scratch, easy to make, versatile, and utterly delicious. One of our most popular recipes!
This carrot cake is quick, easy to make, and utterly delicious. The ingredients you need for this cake are simple and I bet you have quite a few of them already in your kitchen! The full recipe is below. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.
Chia plants may have been popular in the 1980’s (ch-ch-ch-chia!), but it’s their seeds that are considered pretty valuable these days. Once a staple in ancient Aztec diets, the seeds have been rediscovered.
Chia seeds offer a myriad of health benefits. They’re rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fats. They’re loaded with minerals and fiber. Chia seeds are even a great source of plant-based protein. Here’s an in-depth look at ten health benefits of chia seeds. Check out more Healthy Chia Seed recipes. Some brilliant recipes to incorporate more Chia Seeds into your diet.
Read more about the Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
Chia Carrot Cake
This family recipe will never disappoint – sweet, moist carrot cake enriched with chia seeds and topped with tangy cream cheese icing. The perfect cake for a celebration or an afternoon tea treat.
- Prep Time: :15
- Cook Time: :45
- Total Time: 1:00
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup chia gel (chia mixed with water)
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 tsp of bicarbonate soda
- 1 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 2 cups raw carrots grated
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Cream cheese
- Icing sugar
- Coconut flakes
- Heat oven to 300 F.
- Beat eggs and sugar together, add chia gel, sift in flour, add dry ingredients and lastly add carrots, nuts and vanilla.
- Mix and pour into lined cake pan. Cook for around 30 minutes or until done – testing with a skewer, which will come away clean when the cake is ready.
- Let cake cool. Mix cream cheese and icing sugar, and ice when cake cooled. Sprinkle with coconut flakes.
Keywords: Chia Carrot Cake