The Perfect Cobb Salad Recipe for Any Occasion
Nothing says delicious like a classic Cobb salad! Whether you’re hosting a dinner party, bringing a dish to a potluck, or just looking for something tasty and nutritious to have for lunch, a salad is the perfect choice. This popular salad is packed with flavor and texture and can be customized to suit your individual tastes.
With this recipe, you’ll learn how to make the perfect salad bowl that’s sure to become a hit at any occasion. With its bold flavors, nutritious ingredients, and bright colors, it’s no wonder why this salad is so beloved!
A Cobb salad is a classic American salad, originating in the 1920s. It consists of mixed greens, such as lettuce and other fresh vegetables, along with diced bacon, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, avocado, and blue cheese or Roquefort cheese. The ingredients are typically arranged in neat rows to give it a colorful appearance. The dressing for a this salad is usually a red wine vinaigrette. This traditional salad can be enjoyed as an entrée or side dish and is popular among both health-conscious eaters and food lovers alike.Print
Everyone loves a Cobb salad and this is a great recipe. A Classic Cobb Salad with homemade Red Wine Vinaigrette.
- Prep Time: :15
- Total Time: :15
- Category: Salad
- Method: Mix
For the Dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 pound sliced Black Forest or other smoked ham
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 6 cups romaine lettuce (about 6 ounces) coarsely chopped
- 2 cups watercress, thick stems removed
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 avocado, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup cooked diced chicken breast 1 (6-ounce) breast
- 1/2 cup crumbled Roquefort or Blue cheese (about 2 ounces)
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Slice the ham into 1/2-inch strips. Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat over a medium-high heat. Add the ham to the skillet and cook over stirring frequently, until the ham is warmed through and crisped, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Remove and discard the yolk from 1 of the hard boiled eggs. Chop the remaining egg white and whole egg and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss the romaine and watercress with 2/3 of the dressing. Put the dressed greens onto a large serving dish. Place the tomatoes on top forming a row down the middle. In strips on either side of the tomatoes place the avocado, chicken, cheese, diced egg, and the crisped ham on top of the greens. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Cobb Salad