Welcome to the world of homemade BBQ Comfort Meatballs, where comfort and culinary delight unite in the hands of a home cook. These delectable meatballs strike the perfect balance between sweet and savory, making them an ideal addition to your repertoire for casual gatherings, potlucks, or even a cozy family dinner. What’s more, this recipe is designed to fit into your busy day, with a preparation time of under an hour!
Imagine crafting meatballs that are not only tender and juicy on the inside but also boast a delightful crispiness on the outside. They’re like mini meatloaf balls, offering an abundance of flavorful surface area in each bite.
And let’s not forget the sauce – a classic blend of sweet and tangy ketchup-based goodness that carries the warmth of cherished family recipes. With each bite, it conjures fond memories of Grandma’s kitchen.
In the comfort of your own home, you’ll create these mouthwatering meatballs, infusing your space with the enticing aroma of homemade goodness. So, get ready to impress yourself and your loved ones with BBQ Comfort Meatballs, a dish that transforms your kitchen into a haven of comfort and culinary delight. Your taste buds will be delighted, and your family will request these delightful meatballs time and time again.
Not what you are looking for? Try these other excellent meatball recipes:
- Tsukune Chicken Meatballs
- Cheese-Stuffed Meatballs
- Brown Rice Porcupine Meatballs
- Swedish Meatballs
- Vietnamese Chicken Meatballs
- Italian Meatballs
- Cuban Mojo Meatballs
Comfort Meatballs – These delicious meatballs are sweet and savory. Perfect for a potluck, or for game-day, this recipe can be prepared in under an hour. These meatballs stay perfectly tender on the inside and crisp on the outside.
- Prep Time: :45
- Cook Time: 1:00
- Total Time: 1:45
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stovetop / Oven
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons very finely minced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Plenty of ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ketchup
- 4 to 6 tablespoons minced onion
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- For the meatballs: In bowl, combine the ground beef and oats. Pour in the milk, and then add the onions, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Roll the mixture into tablespoon-size balls and refrigerate them for 30 to 45 minutes to firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dredge the meatballs in the flour, and then brown the meatballs in batches until light brown. As they brown, place them into a rectangular baking dish.
- For the sauce: Stir together the ketchup, onions, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Drizzle the sauce evenly on the meatballs.
- Bake until bubbly and hot, about 45 minutes.
- Keep Things Cold – You want to keep the fat from melting and breaking down before you cook the meatballs, so keep your meat and ingredients as cold as possible. Make the mixture in a chilled bowl, and if you are adding precooked ingredients like onions, let them cool down completely before adding them in.
- Be Gentle – If meatballs are packed too tightly and compactly, they’ll turn out tough, rubbery, and chewy. Oil your hands so that the mixture won’t stick to them and gently and quickly form the meatballs.
Keywords: Comfort Meatballs