How to Make the Perfect Creamy Corn Soup
Creamy Corn Soup is a delicious, simple dish that can be enjoyed year-round. It’s the perfect way to capture the sweetness of fresh corn and make a hearty meal with just four simple ingredients and a soup pot. Not only is it full of flavor, but it’s also freezer friendly, meaning you can store portions for up to six months and enjoy them straight from the freezer. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make the perfect Creamy Corn Soup.
When it comes to comforting soups, creamy corn soup is a classic. Not only does this soup make a delicious meal, it also packs a lot of nutrition. Corn is rich in several essential nutrients, including antioxidants, dietary fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals. It is also an excellent source of beta-carotene and vitamin C, two powerful compounds that can help protect your body from damage caused by free radicals.
The addition of creamy ingredients such as butter or cream enhances the flavor of this soup and provides an extra boost of calories and fat. While it’s important to keep portion sizes in check, some healthy fats are necessary for overall health.
In addition to its nutritional benefits, this soup is also great for those trying to watch their weight. Low in calories, the soup is filling and will help keep you feeling full and satisfied. Plus, it’s low in carbs and rich in fiber, both of which are important for weight loss.
Overall, creamy corn soup is a delicious and nutritious meal that can be enjoyed year-round. It’s easy to make and can be tailored to your own taste preferences. Plus, it’s perfect for freezing and reheating on busy weeknights!Print
Creamy Corn Soup
With only a few simple ingredients, this super Creamy Corn Soup is not only a tasty meal, but also a freezer friendly one.
- Prep Time: :20
- Cook Time: :05
- Total Time: :25
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- 16 ears yellow corn
- 4 tablespoons butter, (cut into small pieces)
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- Tortilla chips, (optional)
- Lime wedges, (optional)
- Scallions, sliced, (optional)
- Remove husks and silks from corn. Holding ears in a large bowl, slice off kernels (to yield about 10 cups). When slicing corn from cobs, work in a deep bowl to catch the kernels and any juices. In two batches, puree kernels and accumulated juices with a total of 2 cups water until chunky.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, cook pureed corn, butter, 4 cups water, and salt until butter is melted and soup is heated through, 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with tortilla chips, lime wedges, and sliced scallions, as desired.
- This recipe is freezer friendly. Freeze portions for up to six months, and then heat them straight from the freezer.
- Be sure to get fresh-picked corn and cook it as soon as possible. As soon as it’s picked, corn starts converting sugar to starch which reduces sweetness. If you’re not going to cook it right away, always store it in the refrigerator as it slows down the conversion process.
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: Creamy Corn Soup