This diabetic friendly Creamy Spinach & Artichoke Chicken is super-easy, and super-tasty!Print
Creamy Spinach & Artichoke Chicken
This is a great diabetic slow cooker chicken dinner that is a real healthy meal. You will love this creamy comfort food packed with veggies and protein without the worry of the added fat, carbs, and calories of traditional home-style cooking.
I love, love, LOVE my slow cooker! The best slow cooker recipes are the ones where you just throw everything in, set it, and forget it. This Creamy Artichoke Chicken is one of those. It is super-easy, and super-tasty!
Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Chicken…The chunks of chicken mixed in with pieces of artichoke hearts and spinach all mixed in a creamy sauce. It goes well with a large garden dinner salad.
Try the other wonderful Diabetic Friendly recipes.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 300
- Total Time: 310
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 9 – ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and cut up
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1 10 3/4 – ounce can reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), cut into cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 6 ounces dried wide whole wheat noodles, cooked according to package directions
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine chicken, artichokes, onions, and sweet pepper. In a medium bowl combine soup, the water, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Pour over chicken mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting 4 to 5 hours.
- Add cream cheese and garlic to mixture in cooker. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Stir until cream cheese is melted and smooth. Stir in spinach leaves. To serve, divide noodles among six serving plates. Top with chicken mixture.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- PER SERVING: 323 cal., 8 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 64 mg chol., 474 mg sodium, 40 g carb. (8 g fiber, 9 g sugars), 25 g pro.
- Vegetables (d.e): 1; Fat (d.e): 0.5; Starch (d.e): 2; Lean Meat (d.e): 3;
- 1 1/3cups chicken mixture with 2/3 cup noodles each
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 40
- Serving Size: 6