Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie SoupPrint
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup – Chicken pot pie is ultimate comfort food and this creamy, chunky soup is loaded with chicken, potatoes, peas, carrots, corn, celery and onions in every single bite. This is also great with leftover turkey or beef.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 360
- Total Time: 375
- 2 medium-large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup frozen peas (or 1 can, drained)
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn (or 1 can, drained)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small yellow or white onion, diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon (or 1 chicken bouillon cube)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3–4 cups heavy cream (see note)
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuit dough
- In your slow cooker combine chicken, peas, corn, carrots, celery, potatoes, onions, cream cheese, chicken broth, chicken bouillon, and garlic powder. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. (Chicken should be cooked through and potatoes should be easily pierced with a fork)
- About 30 minutes before serving shred chicken with two forks and stir in heavy cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake biscuits according to package’s instructions.
- Serve bowls of soup topped with a biscuit or two and fresh thyme if desired.
- For a thicker soup, 2 cups of heavy cream can be replaced with two cans of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup.
- Serving Size: 6