How to Make the Best Crispy Baked Shrimp with Creamy Lemon Dressing
When it comes to appetizers, there is nothing better than a plate of Crispy Baked Shrimp with Creamy Lemon Dressing. This easy-to-make dish combines the crunchy texture of the shrimp with the light and refreshing flavor of the creamy lemon dressing. In this blog post, I’ll be sharing my favorite recipe for making the best Crispy Baked Shrimp with Creamy Lemon Dressing. You won’t believe how delicious this dish is! Also, check out PrimeWater Seafood for shrimp that is SUSTAINABLY RAISED & TRACEABLE.
Shrimp is one of the most popular seafood dishes around the world, with a variety of recipes and preparations to enjoy. From Cajun style shrimp boils to fried tempura-style dishes, there are a lot of options to choose from. One of the most popular variations is crispy baked shrimp.
This dish dates back centuries ago to Chinese culture and has been adopted into many different cuisines. Today, you can find crispy baked shrimp recipes all over the world, including in Italian, French, and American cuisines. It’s no wonder why this dish has become so popular; it’s simple to make and incredibly delicious!
The key to making crispy baked shrimp is the preparation of the shrimp. The shrimp should be peeled and deveined prior to baking. This will help to ensure that the shrimp cook evenly and that they get a nice crispy texture when they come out of the oven. Once the shrimp have been prepared, they should be tossed in a light coating of oil and seasonings and then baked in a hot oven until golden brown.
Baked shrimp can also be served with a variety of sauces or dressings. For example, a creamy lemon dressing is the perfect accompaniment to the crunchy, savory shrimp. The combination of tart lemon and rich cream creates an unforgettable flavor that will please any palate.
For those looking for a quick and easy dish that is sure to please, crispy baked shrimp with creamy lemon dressing is a fantastic option. This delicious dish can be enjoyed as an appetizer or as part of a larger meal. Regardless of how you choose to serve it, you won’t be disappointed by the flavor!
Not what you are looking for? Try these other amazing Appetizer recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mahogany Chicken Wings
- Marinated Portobello Mushrooms
- Cheesy Cauliflower Tots
- Mini Buffalo Chicken Balls
Crispy Baked Shrimp with Creamy Lemon Dressing
A very delicious Crispy Baked Shrimp with Creamy Lemon Dressing recipe. So good, you will love it!!
- Prep Time: :15
- Cook Time: :20
- Total Time: :35
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs, fine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Make the lemon dressing. Bring a small pot of water to boil that a small mixing bowl fits inside. The water should be close to, but not touching the bowl.
- Whisk the yolk in the bowl over the boiling water for 20 seconds, or until thick and glossy, making sure it doesn’t get too hot or it will scramble.
- Remove from the pot and continue to whisk until yolk is cool. Whisk in mustard, then slowly drizzle in the oil while whisking, until dressing is thick and silky. Whisk in lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley and salt and pepper. Taste for seasoning and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the shrimp: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place flour in a gallon size zip top bag. Next to it place the bowl of egg whites and then the bowl of bread crumbs seasoned with salt, pepper and cayenne if you are using. Finally, pour the olive oil in a baking sheet with sides and set that next to the bread crumbs.
- Add the shrimp to the bag with the flour, seal and shake it gently so that each shrimp is coated. One by one shake off any excess flour.
- Dip the shrimp in the egg whites, then dredge in the bread crumbs. Place each shrimp on the baking sheet. If desired, shrimp can be made ahead and refrigerated at this point until you are ready to bake.
- When all the shrimps are coated, bake for five minutes, remove from oven and flip each shrimp over. Continue to cook for 5 minutes more or until crisp and just cooked through. Shrimp will be pink, opaque and curled. Serve with lemon dressing.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Crispy Baked Shrimp