Try this amazing, Diabetic Friendly recipe for German Chocolate TriflePrint
German Chocolate Trifle
German Chocolate Trifle is diabetic friendly. You don’t have to have German ancestry to love a German Chocolate Trifle! This dessert keeps beautifully in the refrigerator, so you can make the whole thing a day or two in advance of when you plan to serve it. It feeds a crowd and everyone will love it!
Need more diabetic recipes? Get great recipes for diabetics for your next meal. Discover diabetes-friendly recipes for dinner, desserts, snacks and much more. Not all low-carb, low-sugar meals have to be tasteless. Check out this collection of recipes to find a dish perfect for every course.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces sweet baking chocolate, grated
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar or sugar substitute blend* equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons tub-style 60 percent to 70 percent vegetable oil spread
- 1 8 – ounce container frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Allow eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour a 9×1-1/2-inch round cake pan; set pan aside. In a small bowl, stir together flour, grated chocolate, cocoa powder, and baking powder; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer on high speed about 4 minutes or until thickened. Gradually add sugar, beating on medium speed for 4 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the flour mixture; beat on low to medium speed just until combined.
- In a small saucepan, combine milk and vegetable oil spread; heat and stir until spread melts. Add milk mixture to egg-flour mixture, beating until combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean and top springs back when lightly touched. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan. Cool completely; cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Divide half of the cake cubes among twelve 6- to 8-ounce dessert dishes. Top with half of the whipped topping, half of the coconut, and half of the pecans. Repeat layers. Serve immediately or cover and chill in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours.
- Serving Size: 12