Tangy Luscious Lemon Squares and they are diabetic friendly. These yummy Lemon bites are really good with their crisp crust and creamy lemon filling, these little squares taste of spring and just excite the palate. This is a Diabetic Friendly Recipe.
Lemon squares are a type of dessert that consists of a shortbread crust and a layer of lemon curd on top. The exact origins of these squares are unclear, but they have been a popular dessert for many years. These are often found at bakeries and cafes, and they can also be made at home with a few simple ingredients. The combination of the buttery crust and the tart lemon filling makes for a refreshing and satisfying treat.
Yes, it is possible to make diabetic-friendly lemon squares. To make diabetic-friendly lemon squares, you will need to use ingredients that are low in sugar and carbohydrates. One option is to use a sugar substitute, such as erythritol or stevia, in place of granulated sugar in the crust and filling. You could also use a low-carb flour, such as almond flour, in place of all-purpose flour in the crust. Additionally, you may want to reduce the amount of crust used in the recipe to make the dessert lower in carbs. It’s also a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian to ensure that the recipe fits within your individual dietary needs and restrictions.
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these other excellent diabetic recipes:
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Mushroom Scrambled Eggs
- Broiled Rainbow Trout with Fresh Tomato
- Lemon Chicken Pasta
Luscious Lemon Squares
Luscious Lemon Squares Tangy Lemon Squares.
- Prep Time: :30
- Freeze Time: 7:00
- Total Time: 7:30
- Yield: 15 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove Top / Refrigerator
- 1 (12-ounce) can low-fat evaporated milk
- 1 (3-ounce) package sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 3/4 cup stevia
- 1 1/3 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups reduced fat graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 drops yellow food color (optional)
- Pour evaporated milk into a small metal bowl, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and stevia in boiling water. Stir in lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour, or until syrupy.
- In a small bowl, combine crumbs and margarine; set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish. Press remaining crumbs into bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Beat evaporated milk until soft peaks form. Beat gelatin until tiny bubbles form. Fold evaporated milk into gelatin, then pour over crust and sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Cover and refrigerate 6 hours, or until set. Cut into squares.
- Serving Size: 15
Keywords: Luscious Lemon Squares