Yummy mix of grilled cheese and cheeseburger!
Grill Cheese Burger
Grill cheese burger sandwiches for buns!! Super Yum! Easy to make! This will basically be the best grilled cheese of your life – stacked with cheesy, meaty goodness!
Not what you are looking for? Try these other amazing Appetizer recipes:
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 20
- 8 slices of regular white bread
- 4 slices of Pepper Jack Cheese
- 4 slices of Medium Cheddar Cheese
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, deseeded and julienned
- 1 fresh white or yellow onion, julienned
- 2 burger patties, 1/3 lb each
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 4 slices fresh tomato
- Salted Butter, melted
- Salt and pepper
- Grilling the Cheeseburgers – Heat a flat-top griddle or two frying pans to medium/medium-high heat (a nudge above 6 if there’s a dial).
- With a small paring knife, cut the tip off the jalapeno, then slice down the middle of the jalapeno. Scoop out the seeds, flatten, and slice. Toss onto the grill, and add a pinch of salt and pepper. At the same time, grill the sliced onions in a separate pile.
- Begin cooking the burger, and add salt and pepper to taste. After two minutes on one side, flip the burger, and salt and pepper the top side. Turn your onions and jalapenos, which should be pretty soft and almost cooked.
- Place a slice of cheese on each piece of bread (half the slices will be cheddar, half will be pepper jack). With melted butter, brush one side of each slice of bread and place on the griddle or second frying pan. Flip the burger again.
- The jalapenos and onions should now be ready. Place the onions atop one side of bread and cheese, and the jalapenos on another. If balance and symmetry are not important to you, then this will not matter, but if it does, pair onions with cheddar cheese and jalapenos with pepper jack cheese.
- Assemble the Cheeseburgers – Once your burger appears done, the juices will be running clear and no longer bloody. Once your sandwiches are well toasted (the cheese should be fairly “sweaty” and the undersides of the bread should appear golden brown), flip one cheddar side onto the other cheddar side, and the same with the pepper jack sides, forming two complete sandwiches. Give them a little press to get the two sides of cheese to melt more into each other.
- Once the sandwiches are cohesive and melty, move them to a cutting board. Apply ketchup and mustard to taste on the top side of each sandwich, and finish compiling your burger, adding the patty, lettuce and tomato between the two sandwiches
- Close it up, cut it in half, and marvel at the cross section for a moment before biting into it. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2