Hatch Chile Egg Rolls are crispy, hot, cheesy, slightly spicy appetizer that everyone will love! This comfort food egg roll recipe is filled with fresh sausage, green chiles, and three different kinds of cheese. It is then fried in a a bit of oil and served with guacamole. Lick your lips and fingers and dig in. So good!
These Chile Egg Rolls are the perfect party appetizer finger food for those who like it hot! Hatch green chiles are a great egg roll appetizer but it’s also more balanced as a dinner with the addition of beans and rice. Egg rolls stuffed with guess what? Hatch chilies and sausage and cheeses. In my book, the more cheese, the better. If my book looks a lot like your book, this recipe is for you. I’m kinda an addict as you have probably noticed! Chili egg rolls are my new fav!
Bonus: These egg rolls freeze super well – lay them out flat until frozen (cooked) and then throw in a big ziploc bag. Reheat in microwave straight from frozen. Let them cool down – they are hot as heck.
Not what you are looking for? Try these other amazing Appetizer recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mahogany Chicken Wings
- Marinated Portobello Mushrooms
- Cheesy Cauliflower Tots
- Mini Buffalo Chicken Balls
Hatch Chile Egg Rolls
Hatch Chile Egg Rolls
- Prep Time: :15
- Cook Time: :10
- Total Time: :25
- Yield: 12
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Frying
1 lb Pork Sausage, sage flavored variety, ground
1 tsp Garlic Salt
1 tsp Ground Sage
1/4 cup Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup Grana Padano Cheese, shredded
1/4 cup Quesadilla Cheese, shredded
12 Wonton Wrappers
Cooking Oil, approximately 1/4″ deep in pan
- Remove the skin from freshly roasted chiles. Dice the chiles into small pieces. If you are working with hot chiles remember to wear gloves. Tip: freeze the chiles (3 or 4 to a bag) after they are roasted and when you are ready to use, run the frozen chile under tap water and the skin will come off easily.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground pork. Add ground sage, garlic salt, and diced chiles. Once the pork is cooked through, set aside to cool.
In a separate large bowl, combine softened cream cheese, shredded Grana Padano, and shredded Asadero cheese. Mix well.
Add ground pork and chile mixture to the cheese bowl and mix to completely combine.
Beat one egg in a small bowl.
Lay one egg roll skin on a surface and fill it with 2-3 tbsp of the pork and cheese mixture. Fold according to instructions on egg roll package, using the beaten egg to seal the edges.
Heat the oil to 350° F and fry 3-4 egg rolls at a time, making sure not to crowd the pan. Turn the egg rolls occasionally to evenly brown all sides and cook for approximately 4 minutes each.
Keywords: Hatch Chile Egg Rolls