Healthy and Tasty Hoisin Chicken Burgers! Tart, tangy, and sweet, pickled red onions and Chinese hoisin sauce make a surprisingly flavorful but simple topping for lean chicken burgers. Tasty & Healthy!! If you can’t find ground chicken where you live you can use ground turkey in a pinch. The flavor will be differently, but the concept will still work.
Beef burgers are great, but sometimes it’s nice to mix up what’s between the bun. Here the answer is excitingly original: hoisin-glazed chicken burgers. Simple chicken patties get tons of flavor here, thanks to a finishing glaze of delicious hoisin sauce. These ground chicken burgers are juicy, moist, and flavorful! No more dry chicken, and you can have these burgers on the table in under an hour.
These Hoisin Chicken burgers are packed with Asian flavors. From the freshly grated ginger in the chicken patty to the Chinese hoisin sauce, this is a perfect weeknight meal that will be sure to impress! Topped with a mound of pickled red onions, this burger is not only tasty, but fresh and hearty.
Not what you are looking for? Try these other amazing Appetizer recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mahogany Chicken Wings
- Marinated Portobello Mushrooms
- Cheesy Cauliflower Tots
- Mini Buffalo Chicken Balls
Hoisin Chicken Burgers with Pickled Red Onions
Tart, tangy, and sweet, pickled red onions and Chinese hoisin sauce make a surprisingly flavorful but simple topping for lean chicken burgers. Tasty & Healthy!!
- Prep Time: :25
- Cook Time: :20
- Total Time: :45
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Lunch / Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 star anise
- 8 peppercorns
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 c. minced red onion
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/4 c. minced red bell pepper
- 2 clove garlic
- 6 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. Grated Ginger
- 4 tsp. soy sauce
- olive oil
- 4 sesame-seed buns
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the first 5 ingredients to a gentle simmer. Remove pan from heat and let cool to room temperature. Add onion rings and stir; then let steep.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine minced onion, chicken, bell pepper, garlic, 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce, breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, ginger, and soy sauce. Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Brush grates with oil, and grill burgers for about 4 minutes; flip and repeat, brushing with remaining hoisin sauce during the last minute. Meanwhile, strain and reserve pickled onions, discarding liquid. Assemble burgers on buns, with lettuce and reserved pickled onions.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Hoisin Chicken Burgers