Try this awesome Chicken and Grilled Romaine with a delicious Parsley-Lemon Sauce!
Chicken and Grilled Romaine with Parsley-Lemon Sauce
This grilled Chicken and Romaine recipe deserves a spot in your weekly dinner rotation. Grilling sturdy hearts of romaine imparts smoky flavor that is out of this world. The heat chars the edges of the romaine leaves and softens the inner layers. Skeptical about grilled greens? Try it, and you’ll be a convert. Give this recipe a try.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 55
- 1 (2 1/2- to 30-pound) chicken, backbone removed and chicken flattened
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 oz. Parmesan, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 c. toasted hazelnuts or almonds, chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- Preheat grill to medium-high set up for direct and indirect grilling.
- Loosen skin of chicken and spread garlic underneath. Season with salt and pepper. Grill over direct heat, breast-side down, covered, until golden-brown and charred, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip and grill over indirect heat, covered, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165 degrees F, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine Parmesan, parsley, hazelnuts, lemon zest and juice, and 3 tablespoons oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush romaine with remaining tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill, over direct heat, turning once, until charred and wilted, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Serve the chicken and romaine topped with the parsley-lemon sauce.
- Serving Size: 4