Super Yummy Homemade Caramels!
If you’re a fan of caramel candy and want to try making them from scratch, you’re in luck because this recipe for Homemade Caramels Without Corn Syrup is simple and delicious. The result is a batch of soft, chewy caramels that will melt in your mouth and leave you craving more. You will need a sauce pot and candy thermometer.
You don’t need any fancy equipment or ingredients to make these caramels. In fact, you probably already have everything you need in your kitchen. The recipe calls for simple ingredients like brown sugar, butter, cream, and vanilla extract. And, unlike many store-bought caramels, this recipe doesn’t use corn syrup, making it a great option for those who prefer to avoid that ingredient.
One of the best things about making your own caramels is the ability to customize the flavor. You can add a pinch of salt for a sweet and salty combination, or mix in some chopped nuts for added crunch. The possibilities are endless, and the result is always a delicious treat that’s perfect for sharing or enjoying on your own.
Don’t be intimidated by the idea of making your own caramels. With this recipe, you’ll see just how easy and rewarding it can be to create a batch of homemade candy that will impress everyone who tries it. So, gather your ingredients and get ready to indulge in the deliciousness of these Homemade Caramels Without Corn Syrup.Print
Homemade Caramels Without Corn Syrup are pretty easy to make and super tasty.
- Prep Time: :05
- Cook Time: :10
- Total Time: :15
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove Top
- In a sauce pot, melt butter, honey, vanilla, and brown sugar on med. high until melted. Stirring constantly!
- Once melted reduce heat to medium or low and cook until candy hits 215-220 F.
- Turn heat on lowest possible and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add salt and baking soda. Stirring constantly.
- Quickly poor in a GREASED baking dish and allow to cool.
- Once cool, cut in small rectangles, sprinkle top with kosher salt and wrap in small squares of wax paper.
- Put wrapped caramels in an airtight bag or canister in the pantry or a dry, cool cupboard. Wrap homemade caramel pieces individually in plastic wrap before placing them in a canister or zip-top plastic bag. Protect your caramels from moisture and they will stay fresh for up to three weeks at room temperature.
Keywords: Homemade Caramels