Italian Party Sub is fast to make and cheap to serve, a few big subs will serve all your friends at your Super Bowl gathering.Print
Italian Party Sub
Hosting a crowd for the big game? This easy Italian Party Sub recipe can be made ahead of time and is always a crowd-pleaser! Italian Party Sub is fast to make and cheap to serve, a few big subs will serve all your friends at your Super Bowl gathering!
There really are no rights or wrongs with this Italian Party Sub recipe. Love your Italian meats? Go heavy on the salami or capicola, Any cheese fans in your house? Add an extra layer of provolone or mozzarella. Make it your own creation!
Not what you are looking for? Try these other amazing Appetizer recipes:
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 20
- 14 -inch loaf Italian bread
- 1/2 pound sliced mortadella
- 1/4 pound sliced capicola
- 1/4 pound sliced Genoa salami or hot soppressata
- 1/4 pound sliced prosciutto
- 1/4 pound sliced aged provolone cheese
- 2 1/3 cups giardiniera (Italian pickled vegetables), drained and chopped
- 1 cup sliced pitted Cerignola olives (black and green)
- 1/2 cup chopped jarred Peppadew peppers
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 tsp Cinque Spezie
- Split the bread in half lengthwise. Top the bottom half with the mortadella, capicola, salami, prosciutto and provolone.
- Toss the giardiniera in a bowl with the olives, peppers and olive oil. Tear out the soft center of the top bread half to make a shell. Pack the lettuce into the center of the bread and top with the giardiniera mixture and Cinque Spezie. Carefully put the two sandwich halves together, pressing to keep the filling inside. Secure with small skewers and cut into pieces.
- Serving Size: 4